When learning about medical knowledge in general and dermatology in particular, I stumbled upon this book somewhere in 2019. I should have stumbled upon it sooner. Perfect skin care treatments: The Skin Type Solution brings many fundamental insights to dermatologists and patients.
1. Many people don’t know what type of skin they have
Through practical consulting for customers from 2018 until now. I realized a very alarming reality. That is, most people with skin problems often do not understand their own skin type. The first thing is to go to Google and search for “red acne cream” or “anti-aging serum”. Of course, those searches return thousands of results, and the consumer’s reaction is to choose a product that seems famous, has a brand name, and has good reviews to use.
But did you know that each individual has a different skin type, and each product is designed, reduced, or changed in active ingredients to suit each skin type and each disease? The product that suits the other nine people may not be suitable for you. I take some examples that I have encountered many times in practice, as follows:
- A person with oily skin uses moisturizing products designed for dry skin, causing the skin to become oily and prone to acne.
- A person with dry skin uses cleaning products that are too harsh, causing the skin to become even more dry and flaky.
- A person with sensitive skin uses products that contain irritating ingredients, causing the skin to become red and itchy.
Therefore, the first thing that must be done is to find out who you are, what problems you are having, and most importantly, what type of skin do you have? It’s like doctors have to do tests to diagnose a disease before coming up with a treatment plan.
- Understanding your skin type is the foundation of effective skin care. When you understand your skin type, you can choose the right products and care methods to help improve your skin and prevent skin problems.
- I had a lot of skin problems when I was young. I tried many different products, from high-end to folk, but none of them were really suitable. After you have acquired full knowledge about your skin type, the problems will be cleared up, and treatment and product searches will be on the right track. The situation improved significantly.
2. There are up to 16 skin types
According to the old, common way of thinking, and I personally find it very common among many customers, they think that there are only a few skin types, as follows:
- Oily skin: Oily skin has overactive sebaceous glands, making the skin shiny and prone to acne.
- Dry skin: Dry skin lacks moisture, causing the skin to become flaky and rough.
- Combination skin: Combination skin has a combination of oily and dry skin in different areas of the face.
- Sensitive skin: Sensitive skin is easily irritated by external factors such as sunlight, cosmetics, and pollution.
- Aging skin: Aging skin loses elasticity and firmness, causing wrinkles, melasma, and freckles.
The above division of skin types was introduced by Helena Rubenstein in the 1990s. It is not wrong but has not been analyzed to cover all cases. Therefore, please abandon the above concepts. Please update the following information:
There are a total of 16 skin types; they are a combination of the following four main groups of factors:
- Oily skin >< Dry skin (O-D)
- Sensitive skin >< Healthy skin (S-R)
- Pigmented >< Non-pigmented (P-N)
- Wrinkled skin >< Tight skin (W-T)
At this point, you feel it’s a bit complicated, right? But fortunately, the author of the book has researched, experimented with, and summarized 16 specific skin types as follows:
3. How to identify your skin type
The need to learn about skin types has recently shown signs of increasing. According to personal conjecture, it may be due to the trend of personal health care becoming popular. As living standards improve, people take more care of their health and beauty. Another factor is that the environment, social activities, and food quality are currently very complicated, directly affecting health in general.
Many people are looking for information such as tests to determine skin type, how to identify facial skin type, how to identify combination skin type, etc.
The book “The Skin Type Solution by Dr. Leslie Baumann”, which will provide a method to help you determine exactly what type of skin you have. And more than that, it provides methods to treat the problems that that skin type is suffering from.
Through research and practical notes during his years of treatment and consulting with clients, the author has built four sets of questions. When you finish answering this set of questions, you will definitely discover your skin type correctly!
We have provided a test tool to help you quickly determine your skin type. Please share this tool with your friends too!
4. Benefits you receive
This is a good book, containing a lot of fundamental information, serving many purposes, and suitable for many individuals, students, or people working in the health care field. In short, this book is valuable. long-lasting and highly practical.
This ebook is circulating on the internet in many formats and versions. However, they mostly encounter situations where the content is sometimes confused and lacks information. A special shortcoming is that the table of contents is too sketchy, making it difficult to search.
That’s why we decided to re-check for presentation errors and spelling errors, add missing information, and re-present some parts to help make the content more coherent and link information more closely. And especially adding a detailed table of contents to help people read and look up more quickly.
After using four sets of multiple-choice questions and determining your skin type, The benefits you will receive will be:
- Basic characteristics of your skin type
- Skin problems you have
- Dangerous factors related to your skin
- Daily skin care regimen
- Be careful when applying sun protection.
- How to use makeup to improve your skin problems
- Cosmetic treatments can be used on your skin.
- Cosmetic treatments should be avoided for your skin.
3. Special introduction:
- Daily skin care products suitable for your skin
- The product’s ingredients (listed on the label) help solve your skin problems.
- These ingredients (labeled) should be avoided as they aggravate skin conditions.
5. Free ebook: The Skin Type Solution
To receive this ebook in PDF and Epub format (readable on e-readers), Please leave a comment below. The ebook will be sent to your email.